Energy Efficiency Products Program
REBATES AVAILABLE ON QUALIFYING PRODUCTS
EEA and its power supplier Tri-State Generation and Transmission will pay credits to their consumers for installing electric water heaters, electric heating systems and/or energy efficient motors, commercial energy efficiency lighting upgrades, and Energy Star® rated appliances. All credit must be requested within 120 days of purchase. Contact EEA in Cortez at 970-565-4444 or 800-709-3726 for more information.
- 2018 Residential Energy Efficiency Products Program
- 2018 Commercial Energy Efficiency Products Program
- New Irrigation Motors of 25 hp or better qualify for a Rebate
- Residential LED Rebate Application
Local businesses benefit from rebates provided by Tri-State G & T and EEA. Read more...
Energy Star® Appliance Rebates - Appliance Rebate Application
To help you make the most of your energy, EEA members can receive rebates on the purchase of NEW Energy Star® qualified appliances. Rebates are available on select refrigerators, freezers, clothes washers, clothes dryers, and dishwashers. A recycling credit is also provided when you take your old refrigerator or freezer to a certified recycling location during the special event scheduled around Earth Week in April.
Energy Star® Appliance Rebate amounts effective on January 1, 2018.
New Energy Star® Refrigerator or Freezer $60
New Energy Star® Front Load Clothes Washer $80
New Energy Star® Top Load Clothes Washer $60
New Energy Star® Certified Clothes Dryer $60
New Energy Star® Certified Dishwasher $40
New Energy Star® Hybrid (Ventless) Clothes Dryer $180
You must receive permanent electric service from EEA to qualify. Applications must be submitted within 120 days of purchase. Appliance rebates and recycling credits will be issued as a credit on your electric bill. Please allow at least two billing cycles for the rebate to appear. EEA reserves the right to inspect the installation of any rebated appliance. Please review program details very carefully.
To qualify for rebates, your appliances must be on the list of official Energy Star® qualifying appliances. Please review the list before purchasing your new appliance.
- Refrigerators (7.75 cubic feet or greater)
- Freezers (7.75 cubic feet or greater)
- Clothes Washers
- Clothes Dryers
Electric Water Heaters Rebate Incentives - Water Heater Rebate Application
• 30 to 55 gallon resistance water heaters - $60 per unit
• 30 to 55 gallon lifetime tank warranty - $100 per unit (Rheem Marathon® water heaters have a lifetime tank warranty)
• Ground source heat pump powered or desuperheater (waste heat) $200 per unit • $50 per unit additional incentive for lifetime tank warranty on heat pump waste heat units
• Heat Pump Water Heater (air to water and may have a back-up resistance element) • Residential units must be Energy Star® rated and commercial installations are open to all systems. • $700 per unit – 30 gallon minimum
Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Credits
When an old inefficient refrigerator is moved to a garage or basement, it can take twice as much enegy to keep food cold and can cost over $100 a year to operate. To encourage recycling of old units, EEA members qualify for a substantial refrigerator/freezer recycling credit to properly dispose of their old units. Don't move that old refrigerator to the garage, recycle it to safe energy and money!
For a one week period each year, scheduled in April to celebrate Earth Week, EEA sponsors the Refrigerator Recycling Event. Members are required to obtain a certificate that will be submitted to the recycling center when the unit is delivered for recycling. Following the event, the certified recycling centers will turn in proof of receipt to EEA and each participating member will receive a $60 credit on their electric bill. Please allow up to two billing cycles to receive a credit following this event.