Your Co-op News
Congratulations to Corey Robinson!
Corey was elected as the new District 3 Director at EEA's Annual Meeting held on June 23, 2022. We look forward to working with Corey as we continue to focus on reliable and affordable electric service for our members.
We also offer our sincere thanks to Audra Fahrion for her dedicated service to our members in the past year.
Empire Electric Association Inc. will host their 2022 Annual meeting on Thursday June 23, 2022.
Registration starts at 4:30 PM and the meeting will begin at 5:30 PM.
The meeting will be held at EEA's Engineering & Operations Center located at 23999 Road L.4, Cortez, CO 81321.
Our primary mission is to safely, responsibly and reliably meet the electrical energy needs of our member-owners.
- Safely means that we put the safety of our employees and the public above any other concern.
- Responsibly means that we provide affordable, equitable and environmentally responsible services for the benefit of our collective membership.
- Reliably means that we work proactively to keep electric service available to our members and diligently to restore service when outages occur.
Transmission Line Construction
EEA has been planning for several years to secure an emergency supply feed on the western side of our service area. Construction has begun on a transmission line connecting a substation owned by Rocky Mountain Power on the east side of Monticello to EEA’s Rural Monticello Substation. This connection will allow the western side of our service area to receive power in emergency situations should there be an outage that disrupts the normal supply.
The construction will involve removing and replacing poles along Highway 491 on the east side of Monticello. Safety is very important, and we will be using appropriate markers and signage. Please help us keep our crews safe by:
- Watching for and obeying warning signs and flaggers
- Watching for equipment that will be involved in the construction
- Slow down and be patient! Construction is anticipated to be completed in June.
For members who live in the Monticello area, there will be a few planned outages required for our line crews to safely move load from one circuit to another and to finalize the connections for the new line. Those specific homes and businesses that will be impacted will be notified individually by phone with specific times and dates. If you have a new phone number or are not sure EEA has your correct contact information, please log on to SmartHub and update your contact information or call EEA at 970-565-4444 or 800-709-3726 and provide updated information. We appreciate your support and understanding as we work to make your power service more reliable.
TOGETHER - It's a word that encompasses everything we do. We know that we are brighter, stronger and better when we work together.