EEA offers an opportunity to purchase 100 kilowatt hour (kWh) blocks of green power to offset your electricity usage without an expensive investment in equipment and installation. This program is entirely voluntary.
- Green power provides a personal opportunity to help our environment by supporting electricity generated from renewable power sources; such as, solar, wind and hydro.
How much will it cost?
- Green power is sold in 100 kWh blocks. Each block costs $0.09.
- For example, if your average energy use is 900 kWh per month and you want to purchase 100 percent Green Power, you will be billed an additional $0.81 per month ($0.09 x 9 kWh blocks). This will show up as a separate line item on your bill statement.
- Renewable energy block prices are market-based and subject to change, although the price has remained consistent for several years.
How do I sign up?
- If you wish to participate in the Green Power Program, please provide the information below. You can stop this program at any time by calling our office at (970) 565-4444 or resubmitting this form and checking discontinue.